Bullying is one of the major issues that are rapidly spreading around the globe. It is getting worse and worse every single day when a person dies because of being bullied too much.
There are groups who have seen to it that bullying would be stopped, and I hope, as you read these quotes, that you would be one of them too.
Always love yourself before you love other people.
Do not listen to people who tell you to be yourself and then judge you. They do not know your story.
You are being bullied by other people because they see through you and your mistakes and insecurities.
From the stones that people throw at you, you can build something that would never be destroyed by their judgments.
Whenever there is someone being bullied and you turn a blind eye towards them, you are also one of the bullies themselves.
Every person has something more to them than meets the eye.
The ability to hurt somebody so much to the point that they want to take away their lives is more cowardly than committing suicide.
60 Love Quotes
Only you could define yourself. Never be pushed into silence by others, stand up for yourself.
Karma would always get the better of bullies because they are weak. Believe in yourself and be strong if you are the victim.
No one would be able to tease you once they see that you love what you are doing.
Rein your tongue from judging other people. They might end up in a casket because of you.
I could not understand the point of bullying others.
Act as the hero, not just a mere bystander.
God made each of us unique, so you do not have the right to bully others because of how they look, act, and talk.
60 Cute Love Quotes for Her
Bullying others would never improve the way you look, talk and act. There is never an advantage to bullying, so it must be stopped.
Wherever there is weak authority, which is where most bullies thrive.
Almost all people are fighting a hard battle, so be kind to then and also to yourself.
No matter how many people are doing it, it still does not change the fact that it is wrong. Even if you are the only one doing it, if it is right then pursue it.
Being somebody who is wicked is worse than being an unpopular nobody.
Let your heart do a little exercise each day by uplifting other’s spirits up and reaching for those who are dragged down.
Quotes about Never Give Up and Stay Strong
The strongest thing that strong people could do is not to stand you for themselves, but to stand up for others.
Our abilities may show what we are, but our choices are the ones that really show what we can become.
Learn to be more knowledgeable of the things around you than in the past and lift others from their sufferings. It could take you a long way if you have these two.
You would be better off being yourself in a first rate version than becoming somebody’s second rate.
You would only feel small if you let others make you feel that way.
Nobody should be bullied because we should have our own definition of what freedom and happiness truly are.
You may know what is right, but it would only count if you act upon it.
The sun would always shine at the start of the day no matter how dark the night became.
When you are in a small group, your courage would be tested. When you are in a large group, your tolerance should endure.
Experiencing injustice in just a few places could lead to injustice in all places.
Do not let others around you tell you how and what exactly you are.
If one person could try to make a difference, then all of the people must try it too.
Being calm and collected is the epitome of real courage. Those who show their bravery through their brutal acts are nothing compared to a serene man in the middle of danger.
Your heart may be in sorrow now, but if you keep on believing it would someday come true.
That tiny voice that urges you to try again every time you fail is more courageous than the voice that roars out loud.
You might mistake the beginning of one thing to be the start of what you are looking for.
Pushing others down would never hoist you up on top.
We are weak when we do not unite, but if we do then nothing could defeat us.
Strength could be found not in the external factors that surround you but in the power that your mind exercises.
Whenever you are hurt by a person over and over again, just think that they are like sandpaper; they may scratch you hard but you will end up polished in the end and they will end up useless.
God would never give you the trials that you have right now if He knows that you cannot endure it.
Bullies would be extinct if all of us know how to fight.
Use your mind in fighting bullies. In the end, you would win the strongest battle without using your might.
Bullies often target nice people because they think they are weak. They just don’t know that being a good person takes all the strength a person has.
Going through bad experiences in life and still being able to handle whatever life throws at you is more courageous than imposing your strength on others.
Taking out your insecurities against others would never take it out of yourself.
If you are being bullied, do not let it shrink you. Instead, learn from it and you can grow from the process.
Improve yourself not for the sake of others. You have to do this for yourself so you could accept yourself even more.
No matter how good you are at what you do, if you just do it to undermine others then your abilities could never take you as far as your choices could.
Every fact becomes solid when you firmly believe in it.
You have to create your own self, not just find it.
Having enemies does not mean you have bad attitude. You just stood up for something they cannot understand.
Good and bad days are normal for every person. The only thing is, never let the bad days overshadow the good ones.
Being tough and being a bully are two different things. You have to speak out and say the truth to be tough, while bullies handle their insecurities by projecting violence to others.
Never let others get the best of you. The story is all about the one who could survive until the end, not the ones who possess the best abilities.
Showing everyone that you are defenseless makes you a target for bullies. Stand up and stand out.
If you have more ignorance than education, then that would be the time that you would develop your fear.
Keeping yourself from the world does not let you escape bullying. Face them and show them that they could not put you down.
Bullies from your school just don’t know that there would come a time that the kid they bullied would turn out to be the one who could save their life years after.
Sometimes, the most beautiful things could rise from the ugliest experiences in life.
Do not think that the hard paths are the ones you have to avoid. They are actually the ones which could make you grow and learn.
Bullying other people might result to someone else taking an action upon it, and the bully should be responsible for that.
If no hero could be seen anywhere near you, you could take their place.
Accept yourself and free yourself from all things you hide. Courage takes place when there is acceptance, and then no one would be able to penetrate your skin.
Bullying is just a smoke to the fire of courage.
If you are being bullied, you could change everyone’s perspective by making it the way to become popular.
Knowing others may be wise, but knowing yourself is the greatest enlightenment you can find.
If you believe in something then consider yourself strong. Those who doubt themselves are weak and would never grow to become better persons.
Being an individual is not only a right, it is an obligation.
The only thing that you can dominate above all others is yourself.
Those who say that they do not care what people think are the most desperate ones who want other people think that they do not care.
Sometimes, our physical endowment gives us the might to become bullies. This is the sad cycle of the human race.
Bullies who never make an impact on their targets often gets frustrated and end up hating themselves all over again.
Every one of us has our own worth, so it is never acceptable to let someone else feel worthless.
Ignore the people who are trying to drag you down. Only you could lift yourself up, do not give them the consent to ruin your life for you.
Making other feel small would never make you feel big about yourself.
There is nothing more painful than hearing words that could tear your spirit. What you can do is never permit them to say this to you.
Saying the truth out loud would scare the bullies away. They would know that you stand up for what you want and they can’t take that from you.
There are people who would be happy to see you down. Do not give them that satisfaction.
Having a backbone is what toughness means. Bullies never had one.
22. “People say sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you, but that’s not true. Words can hurt. They hurt me. Things were said to me that I still haven’t forgotten.” –Demi Lovato
24. “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.”
26. “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.”
28. “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.”
30. “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend – or keep one.”
33. “People try to say suicide is the most cowardly act a man could ever commit. I don’t think that’s true at all. What’s cowardly is treating a man so badly that he wants to commit suicide.”
37. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
38. “I got made fun of constantly in high school. That’s what built my character. That’s what makes you who you are. When you get made fun of, when people point out your weakness, that’s just another opportunity for you to rise above.” –Zac Efron
39. “When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” –Chris Colfer
41. “Go ahead, bully me; but in 30 years, the only thing people will remember is that I am your boss.”
42. “Often the right path is the one that may be hardest for you to follow. But the hard path is also the one that will make you grow as a human being.”
43. “[One who picks on you because he’s bigger than you] is like most big bullies: if you can stay away and make him miss for a few rounds he’ll get frustrated. Once you strip away that feeling of invincibility, he can be had.” – Rocky Marciano
44. “Life is a fight, but not everyone’s a fighter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species.”
45. “With ignorance comes fear – from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance.”
47. “The common mistake that bullies make is assuming that because someone is nice that he or she is weak. Those traits have nothing to do with each other. In fact, it takes considerable strength and character to be a good person.”
49. “When you hold people up for ridicule, you have to take responsibility when other people act on it.”
50. “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.”
52. “He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.”
53. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
55. “People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.”
56. “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: ‘The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that’s fair.’ In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.”
58. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.”
59. ”We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
61. “A young outcast will often feel there is something wrong with himself, but as he gets older, grows more confident in who he is, he will adapt, he will begin to feel that there is something wrong with everyone else.”
63. “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.”
65. “The coconut is a symbol of resilience. Even in the conditions where there’s very little nourishment and even less nurturance, it flourishes, growing taller than most of the plants around it. (Be a coconut).”
66. “If bullies actually believe that somebody loves them and believes in them, they will love themselves, they will become better people, and many will then become saviors to the bullied.”
67. “Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.”
69. “My self-worth is not linked to your cruel words and action. My self-esteem is not affected by your deliberate attempts to destroy my character. You have no power over me. You will not silence me.”
71. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.”
73. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
75. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
77. “A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That’s where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It’s having backbone.”
79. He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.”
80. “Remember always that you not only have the right be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”
81. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something sometime in your life.”
82. “If there are no heroes to save you, then you be the hero.”
84. “The bullying stopped when I claimed myself and proved that I wasn’t afraid. A lot of it was when I was hiding when I was younger.”
85. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create that fact.”
87. “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” – Taylor Swift
Ten times when Pope Francis spoke out against bullying.
We are grateful to the Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personnel (Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior - CAPES) for granting a scholarship.
1. Fundo das Nações Unidas para a Infância (UNICEF). Adolescência: uma fase de oportunidades. New York, Fev de 2011. [acessado 2014 mar 19]; [cerca de 148 p.]. Disponível em: http://www.unicef.org/brazil/pt/br_sowcr11web.pdf [ Links ]
2. World Health Organization (WHO). Mental health action plan 2013–2020. Genebra, 2013. [acessado 2014 mar 20]; [cerca de 50 p.]. Disponível em: http://www.who.int/mental_health/publications/action_plan/en/ [ Links ]
3. World Health Organization (WHO), World Organization of Family Doctors. Integrating mental health into primary care: a global perspective. Genebra e Londres, 2008. [acessado 2014 mar 20]; [cerca de 224 p.]. Disponível em: http://www.who.int/mental_health/policy/services/integratingmhintoprimarycare/en/ [ Links ]
4. Lopes Neto AA. Ações antibullying. In: Lopes Neto AA. Bullying: saber identificar e como prevenir. São Paulo: Brasiliense; 2011. p. 62-100. [ Links ]
5. Wikipédia. Bullying. [enciclopédia na internet] [acessado 2014 mar 20]. Disponível em: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying [ Links ]
6. Berger KS. Update on bullying at school: Science forgotten? Dev Rev 2007; 27(1):90-126. [ Links ]
7. Olweus D. Bullying at school. Long term outcomes for the victims end an effective school-Based Intervention program. In: Huesmann LR, editor.Agressive Behavior: Current Perpectives. San Francisco: Plenum Press; 1994. p. 98. [ Links ]
8. Lisboa C, Braga LL, Ebert G. O fenômeno bullyingou vitimização entre pares na atualidade: definições, formas de manifestação e possibilidades de intervenção. Contextos Clínic 2009; 2(1):59-71. [ Links ]
9. Lopes Neto AA. Bullying. Adolesc Saúde 2007; 4(3):51-56. [ Links ]
10. Antunes DC. Mas o que seria isso, o bullying? In: Antunes DC. Bullying: Razão Instrumental e Preconceito. São Paulo: Casa do Pisicólogo; 2010. p. 36. [ Links ]
11. Olweys D. A profile of bullying at school. In: Educational Leadership, March 2003 [acessado 2014 mar 19]; [cerca de 8p]. Disponível em: http://www.lhsenglish.com/uploads/7/9/0/8/7908073/olweus_profile_of_bullying.pdf [ Links ]
12. Smith PK, Steffgen G. Cyberbullying throught the new media: findings from an international network. East Sussex, New York: Psycology Press; 2013. [ Links ]
13. Wang J, Nansel TR, Iannotti RJ. Cyber and traditional bullying: differential association with depression. J Adolesc Health2011; 48(4):415-417. [ Links ]
14. Fante C. Fenomeno Bullying: como prevenir a violência nas escolas e educar para a paz. 2ª ed. Campinas: Verus; 2005. [ Links ]
15. Smith PK, Morita Y, Junger-Tas J, Olweus D, Catalano R, Slee P.The nature of school bullying: A cross-national perspective. London, New York: Routledge; 1999. [ Links ]
16. Whitney I, Smith PK. A survey of the nature and extent of bullying in junior/middle and secondary schools. Educ Res 1993; 35(1):3-25. [ Links ]
17. Hoover JH, Oliver R, Hazler RJ. Bullying: perceptions of adolescent victims in the Midwestern USA. Sch Psychol Int 1992; 13(1):5-16. [ Links ]
18. Olweus D. Aggression in the schools: Bullies and whipping boys. Washington: Hemisphere Press (Wiley); 1978. [ Links ]
19. Lopes Neto AA, Saavedra LH. Diga não para o bullying - programa de redução do comportamento agressivo entre estudante. Rio de Janeiro: Abrapia; 2003. [ Links ]
20. Jaeger AA, Canfield MS, Dorneles DS, Grigoletti MS, Pereira SR, Beltrame V. Agressividade escolar. Kinesis (Santa Maria) 1997; 18:51-75. [ Links ]
21. Franscisco MV, Libório RMC. Um estudo sobrebullying entre escolares do ensino fundamental.Psicol Reflex Crit 2009; 22(2):200-207. [ Links ]
22. Wikipédia. Massacre de Realengo. [enciclopédia na internet] [acessado 2014 mar 16]. Disponível em: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_de_Realengo [ Links ]
23. Spigliatti S. Jovem é morto devido a suposto caso debullying em Porto Alegre. [portal de notícias] 2010 maio. [acessado 2014 mar 16]. Disponível em: http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/vidae,jovem-e-morto-devido-a-suposto-caso-de-bullying-em-porto-alegre,551178,0.htm [ Links ]
24. G1. Vítima de bullying não sabe por que apanhou, e mãe diz que ela podia morrer. [portal de notícias] 2009 Nov [acessado 2014 mar 16]. Disponível em: http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/SaoPaulo/0,,MUL1386534-5605,00-VITIMA+DE+BULLYING+NAO+SABE+POR+QUE+APANHOU+E+MAE+DIZ+QUE+ELA+PODIA+MORRER.html [ Links ]
25. Mendes KDS, Silveira RCCP, Galvão CM. Revisão integrativa: método de pesquisa para a incorporação de evidências na saúde e na enfermagem.Texto Contexto Enferm 2008; 17(4):758-764. [ Links ]
26. Whittemore R, Knafl K. The integrative review: updated methodology.J Adv Nurs 2005; 52(5):546-553. [ Links ]
27. Malta DC, Silva MAI, Mello FCM, Monteiro RA, Sardinha LMV, Crespo C, Carvalho MGO, Silva MMA, Porto DL. Bullying na escolas brasileiras: resultados da Pesquisa Nacional de Saúde do Escolar (PeNSE), 2009.Cien Saude Colet 2010; 15(Supl. 2):3065-3076. [ Links ]
28. Brito CC, Oliveira MT. Bullying and self-esteem in adolescents from public school. J Pediatr (Rio J) 2013; 89(6):601-607. [ Links ]
29. Bandeira CM, Hutz CS. Bullying: prevalência, implicações e diferenças entre gêneros. Psicol Esc Educ 2012; 16(1):35-44. [ Links ]
30. Moura DR, Cruz ACN, Quevedo LA. Prevalência e características de escolares vítimas de bullying. J Pediatr (Rio J) 2011; 87(1):19-23. [ Links ]
31. Rech RR, Halpern R, Tedesco A, Santos DF. Prevalence and characteristics of victims and perpetrators of bullying. J Pediatr (Rio J) 2013; 89(2):164-170. [ Links ]
32. Smith PK. School Bullying. Sociologia, Problemas e Práticas 2013; 71:81-98. [ Links ]
33. Freire IP, Simão AMV, Ferreira AS. O estudo da violência entre pares no 3º ciclo do ensino básico — um questionário aferido para a população escolar portuguesa. Rev Port de Educação 2006; 19(2):157-183. [ Links ]
34. Wikipéia. Bully (Jogo Eletrônico). [enciclopédia na internet]. [acessado 2014 fev 19]. Disponível em: http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_(jogo_eletrônico) [ Links ]
35. Lopes Neto AA. Bullying: comportamento agressivo entre estudantes. J Pediatr 2005; 81(Supl. 5):s164-s172. [ Links ]
36. DeSouza ER, Ribeiro J. Bullying and sexual harassment among Brazilian high school students. J Interpers Violence 2005; 20(9):1018-1038. [ Links ]
37. Oliveira AS, Antonio PS. Sentimentos do adolescente relacionados ao fenômeno bullying: possibilidades para a assistencia de enfermagem nesse contexto. Revista Eletrônica de Enfermagem2006; 8(1):30-41. [ Links ]
38. Antunes DC, Zuin AAS. Do bullying ao preconceito: Os desafios da barbárie à educação. Psicol Soc 2008; 20(1):33-41. [ Links ]
39. Cruzeiro AL, Silva RA, Horta BL, Souza LD, Faria AD, Pinheiro RT, Silveira IO, Ferreira CD. Prevalência e fatores associados ao transtorno da conduta entre adolescentes: um estudo de base populacional. Cad Saude Publica 2008; 24(9):2013-2020. [ Links ]
40. Vieira TM, Mendes FDC, Guimarães LC. De Columbine à Virgínia Tech: reflexões com base empírica sobre um fenômeno em expansão. Psicologia: Reflexão e Crítica 2009; 22(3):493-501. [ Links ]
41. Bandeira CM, Hutz CS. As implicações do bullyingna auto-estima de adolescentes. Psicol Esc Educ 2010; 14(1):131-138. [ Links ]
42. Tortorelli MFP, Carreiro LRR, Araújo MV. Correlações entre a percepção da violência familiar e o relato de violência na escola entre alunos da cidade de São Paulo. Psicol Teor Prat 2010; 12(1):32-42. [ Links ]
43. Zaine I, Reis MJD, Padovani RC. Comportamentos debullying e conflito com a lei. Estud Psicol 2010; 27(3):375-382. [ Links ]
44. Silva RA, Cardoso TA, Jansen K, Souza LDM, Godoy RV, Cruzeiro ALS, Horta BL, Pinheiro RT. Bullying and associated factors in adolescents aged 11 to 15 years. Trends Psychiatry Psychother 2012; 34(1):19-24. [ Links ]
45. Maia LLQGN, Araújo A, Junior ASS. O entendimento da violência escolar na percepção dos adolescentes. Rev Med Minas Gerais2012; 22(2):166-173. [ Links ]
46. Araújo LS, Coutinho MPL, Miranda RS, Saraiva ERA. Universo consensual de adolescentes acerca da violência escolar.Psico-USF 2012; 17(2):243-251. [ Links ]
47. Andrade SSCA, Yokota RTC, Sá NNB, Silva MMA, Araújo WN, Mascarenhas MDM, Malta DC. Relação entre violência física, consumo de álcool e outras drogas e bullying entre adolescentes escolares brasileiros.Cad Saude Publica 2012; 28(9):1725-1736. [ Links ]
48. Wendt GW, Lisboa CSM. Agressão entre pares no espaço virtual: definições, impactos e desafios do cyberbullying. Psic Clin 2013; 25(1):73-87. [ Links ]
49. Grossi PK, Santos AM. Bullying in Brazilian schools and restorative practices. Can J Educ 2012; 35(1):120-136. [ Links ]
50. Isolan L, Salum GA, Osowski AT, Zottis GH, Manfro GG. Victims and bully-victims but not bullies are groups associated with anxiety symptomatology among Brazilian children and adolescents. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2013; 22(10):641-648. [ Links ]
51. Frizzo MN, Bisol LW, Lara DR. Bullying victimization is associated with dysfunctional emotional traits and affective temperaments. J AffecDisord 2013; 148(1):48-52. [ Links ]
52. Nascimento AMT, Menezes JA. Intimidações na adolescência: expressões da violência entre pares na cultura escolar. Psicol Soc 2013; 25(1):142-151. [ Links ]
53. Albuquerque PP, Williams LCA, D’Affonseca SM. Efeitos Tardios doBullying e Transtorno de Estresse Pós Traumático: Uma Revisão Crítica. Psic Teore Pesq 2013; 29(1):91-98. [ Links ]
54. Salgado FS, Senra LX, Lourenço LM. Effectiveness indicators of bullying intervention programs: A systematic review of the international literature. Estud Psicol (Campinas) 2014; 31(2):179-190. [ Links ]
55. KimYS, Koh YJ, Leventhal BL. Prevalence of school bullying in Korean middle school students. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2004; 158(8):737-741. [ Links ]
56. Nansel TR, Overpeck M, Pilla RS, Ruan WJ, Simons-Morton B, Scheidt P. Bullying behaviors among US youth: revalence and association with psychosocial adjustment. JAMA 2001; 285(16):2094–2100. [ Links ]
57. Taquette SR, Ruzany MH, Meirelles Z, Ricardo I. Relacionamento violento na adolescência e risco de DST/AIDS. Cad Saude Publica2003; 19(5):1437-1444. [ Links ]
58. Rozemberg L, Avanci J, Schenker M, Pires T. Resiliência, gênero e família na adolescência. Cien Saude Colet 2014; 19(3):673-684. [ Links ]
59. Beaudoin MN, Taylor M. Bullying e Desrespeito: como acabar com essa cultura na escola. Porto Alegre (RS): Artmed; 2006 [ Links ]
60. Véronneau MH, Trempe SC, Paiva AO. Risk and protection factors in the peer context: how do other children contribute to the psychosocial adjustment of the adolescent? Cien Saude Colet 2014; 19(3):695-705. [ Links ]
61. Oliveira CB, Frechiani JM, Silva FM, Maciel ELN. As ações de educação em saúde para crianças e adolescentes nas unidades básicas da região de Maruípe no município de Vitória. Cien Saude Colet 2009; 14(2):635-644. [ Links ]
62. Mendes CS. Prevenção da violência escolar: avaliação de um programa de intervenção. Rev Esc Enferm USP 2011; 45(3):581-588. [ Links ]
Bullying is a major problem that affects both kids and adults. Many of us have had to deal with bullies at some point in life, perhaps as children or maybe in adulthood.
But although bullying is common, no one needs to put up with a bully’s behavior. Taking power from a bully is not always easy, but there are wise ways to deal with them.
Remember: a bully is only as powerful as you allow him or her to be. So instead of surrendering to their power play, stop playing their victim and each of their attempts will become embarrassing for them.
When a bully bombards you, make them lose their power by being strong, firm, and courteous. Because bullies will try to make you feel alone and powerless, always make an effort to stay connected with faithful and supportive people.
Instead of challenging a bully and giving him or her the attention and sense of power they seek, give them an assertive but unemotional response that will make them know you do not intend to be victimized.
The perceived strength of a bully can also be his or her weakness. If they don’t get the reaction they’re looking from you, they’ll often lose interest and they cannot take away your power.
To remind you of the strength you have, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and helpful bullying quotes, bullying sayings, and bullying proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
1.) “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” ― Dan Pearce
2.) “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey S. Firestone
3.) “We explain when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you do not stoop to their level. Our motto is when they go low, you go high.” ― Michelle Obama
4.) “Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this.” – Katherine Jenkins
5.) “Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.” ― Heather Brewer
6.) “Bullying happens because weak people need to prop up their ego by beating up or humiliating others.” ― Bruce Dickinson
7.) “Freedom of Speech doesn’t justify online bullying. Words have power, be careful how you use them.” ― Germany Kent
8.) “It’s very important to choose kindness and stop bullying.” – Jacob Tremblay
9.) “You should never make fun of something that a person can’t change about themselves.” ― Phil Lester
10.) “Bullying is never fun, it’s a cruel and terrible thing to do to someone. If you are being bullied, it is not your fault. No one deserves to be bullied, ever.” – Raini Rodriguez
11.) “We need to get rid of bullying. We need to get rid of abuse. We need to get rid of harassment. We need to get rid of the casting couch. Instead, we need to build the bench.” – Nancy Dubuc
12.) “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” – Jeffrey Benjamin
13.) “The meanest people are the weakest people, for they do not even have the strength to believe in goodness. Do not let this be your life’s curse.” ― Sean Patrick Brennan
14.) “Isn’t it kind of silly to think that tearing someone else down builds you up?” – Sean Covey
15.) “It’s important to stand up to all forms of bullying, and it’s even more important for those who are around you to be just as courageous and stand with you!” – Normani Kordei
16.) “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.” ― Zack W. Van
17.) “When people see you’re happy doing what you’re doing, it sort of takes the power away from them to tease you about it.” ― Wendy Mass
18.) “We all have a responsibility with the words we post on the internet. If you wouldn’t want your mother, daughter, sister or friend to read it, don’t post it.” ― Germany Kent
19.) “I woke up one day and thought, ‘Enough is enough with bullying myself.’ The war is within you, and that’s also where it’s won. You just have to tackle your insecurities and then let them go.” – Keala Settle
20.) “It is against the principles of human rights to bully another human being.” ― Shenita Etwaroo
21.) “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
22.) “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
23.) “Cyberbullying is Bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen, doesn’t make it less hateful, written words have power.” – Anon
24.) “Life is a fight, but not everyone’s a fighter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species.”- Andrew Vachss
25.) “Go empower yourself. You need confidence because the one thing that bullying does is it belittles you, and it takes away your confidence, and nobody deserves that.” – Bill Goldberg
26.) “I think the sooner that all of us in society stop accepting any type of bullying or harassment from other people – in spite of people’s social standing or net worth or whatever it is – the sooner it will stop.” – Jason Priestley
27.) “I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.” ― Abraham Lincoln
28.) “A bully hides his fears with fake bravado. That is the opposite of self-assertiveness.” ― Nathaniel Branden
29.) “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend–or to keep one.” ― Robert E. Lee
30.) “You can’t be against bullying without actually doing something about it.” – Randi Weingarten
31.) “If bullies actually believe that somebody loves them and believes in them, they will love themselves, they will become better people, and many will even become saviors to the bullied.” ― Dan Pearce
32.) “I realized that bullying never has to do with you. It’s the bully who’s insecure.” – Shay Mitchell
33.) “Getting bullied in school taught me how to be strong, getting judged taught me to be better, failure taught me to be resilient and being made fun of taught me humility.” ― Mehak Bhalla
34.) “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” ― Taylor Swift
35.) “Confident and proficient people are virtually impossible for a bully to intimidate in any environment.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
36.) “No one heals himself by wounding another.” ― St. Ambrose
37.) “Bullies don’t like to fight, son. They like to win. Being afraid is normal. The only fight you really have to win is the one against the fear.” – Kwame Alexander
38.) “When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper; They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” – Chris Colfer
39.) “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli
40.) “What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?” ― Lynette Mather
41.) “I think bullying in general is for cowards.” – Eddie Alvarez
42.) “If you poke a bear just to hear it to roar, why keep poking it if it doesn’t have the energy to roar.” ― Dean Mackin
43.) “If you’re insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.” ― Phil Lester
44.) “If we are to stop bullying in schools, we have to start with teachers and administrators. If we want to stop it, we have to stop it.” – Chris Crutcher
45.) “People try to say suicide is the most cowardly act a man could ever commit. I don’t think that’s true at all. What’s cowardly is treating a man so badly that he wants to commit suicide.” ― Tommy Tran
46.) “Bullying is killing our kids. Being different is killing our kids and the kids who are bullying are dying inside. We have to save our kids whether they are bullied or they are bullying. They are all in pain.” – Cat Cora
47.) “Your perfect the way you are, you got to believe in yourself.” ― RedWolf
48.) “All the whispering, glaring, pointing and judging makes them no better than whoever or whatever it is they’re gossiping about.” ― Tiffany King
49.) “If you’re having a down time at school and people are bullying you, they don’t know you. They don’t have the right to have an opinion on you.” – Maisie Williams
50.) “Usually people don’t see beyond the surface of things and cannot understand more other than the obvious; they are used to judging a book by its cover, and that is why they don’t hesitate to bully.” ― Maria Karvouni
Bullying is a common problem in today’s society, and it’s only becoming worse. Whether in school or in the workplace, becoming a victim of any kind of bullying makes you feel awful inside . If you’re being bullied, know that you’re not alone and it’s never, ever your fault.
Although bullies come in all shapes and sizes, you don’t have to put up with their behavior any longer. You can show them that you are not sad and scared. The courage to stand up can be hard at first, but once you see that it works you’ll never back down again. Hopefully, the quotes above have reminded you how tough you really are.
Did you enjoy these bullying quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Feel free to share with us your thoughts in the comment section below.
The anti-bullying quotes and sayings given here can be used to send across Take help of these short and inspirational quotes to take a stand.
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old bullying quotes, bullying sayings, and bullying proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper; They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.
Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.
Never do a wrong thing to make a friend--or to keep one.
Robert E. Lee
Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It's a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.
Zack W. Van
There really is no difference between the bully and the victim.
People who love themselves, don't hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.
With ignorance comes fear- from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance.
You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.
A bully is playing a game, one that he or she enjoys and needs. You're welcome to play this game if it makes you happy, but for most people, it will make you miserable.
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself.
Harvey S. Firestone
Bullying is for people who have no confidence at all. So everyone being bullied, please remember they are scared of you. You have something they don't, and that's what makes them bully you. Don't let their words affect you because they are the ones needing confidence, not you.
The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be someone else.
Bullying is one of the major issues that are rapidly spreading around the globe. to it that bullying would be stopped, and I hope, as you read these quotes, Knowing others may be wise, but knowing yourself is the greatest.
AkigarAugust 25, 2019 3:54 PM
Now that's something like it!
KazishicageAugust 23, 2019 1:50 AM
Bravo, magnificent phrase and is duly
AkinogoreAugust 25, 2019 8:27 PM
Tell to me, please - where I can read about it?
JutaurAugust 29, 2019 12:11 PM
This excellent idea is necessary just by the way
GuktilarAugust 24, 2019 12:28 AM
You are absolutely right. In it something is also thought good, I support.